[Fontforge-users] Can't seem to open this "MyFont.fnt" file
patch6
2008-06-23 05:15:00 UTC
I'm wondering if any of you experts could please tell me what kind of font
this is, and how I can go about editing or replacing it with a monospaced
one.

http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=20jwh01oxnx

It's a part of a PSP homebrew program, and I've spent much time trying to
figure out how to do that, to no avail.
George Williams
2008-06-24 19:53:52 UTC
Post by patch6
I'm wondering if any of you experts could please tell me what kind of font
this is, and how I can go about editing or replacing it with a monospaced
one.
http://www.mediafire.com/upload_complete.php?id=20jwh01oxnx
When I attempt to open this URL I am told:

! Invalid Identifier.

An extension of ".fnt" is not used by any common formats. You'd probably
have to ask the originator of the font for information about it.
g***@silcom.com
2008-06-24 21:04:44 UTC
Post by George Williams
An extension of ".fnt" is not used by any common formats. You'd probably
have to ask the originator of the font for information about it.
I'm not thinking.

This was the extension used by Windows for bitmap fonts oh 15 or 20 years ago.
In theory FontForge should be able to look at it.
patch6
George Williams
2008-06-26 19:51:53 UTC
Post by patch6
Post by g***@silcom.com
This was the extension used by Windows for bitmap fonts oh 15 or 20 years ago.
In theory FontForge should be able to look at it.
Thank you for the reply, but how can I get FontForge to recognise it?
Well, it is not a windows font file. So FontForge can't recognize it.

It doesn't look like any font format I'm familiar with. I suggest you
ask the originator.
George Williams
2008-06-26 19:58:33 UTC
Some Windows .fnt font files are non-bitmap stroke fonts.
True. But as MS never documented this format, no one in the open source
world knows how to use it.

patch6
2008-06-25 03:19:09 UTC
Sorry, http://www.mediafire.com/?2ejtzqjzbcq should work. 15kb font file.